You will need a regular sized food processor.
Raw Energy Balls
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
1 cup banana chips
1 cup figs (cut off tip of stem *hard piece*)
1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
2-3 TBSP 100% pure local honey
1/2 tsp himalayan sea salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Add all ingredients to food processor and blend for a couple minutes or until combined very well.
2. Scoop out mixture into a big bowl.You will need a plate to set rolled balls on, a sppon and a square of plastic wrap.
3. Lay the square of plastic wrap with it centered on the palm of your opened hand.
4. Scoop a rounded tbsp of the mixture onto the plastic wrap in your palm and begin to close and squeeze your hand to form a ball.
5. Repeat until all of the mixture is formed into bite sized balls and then cover entire plate with plastic wrap and store in the fridge. Enjoy whenever you want a quick and healthy snack with an energy boost.
★I used to make these without using the plastic wrap in my hand and the mixture would take forever to form into balls while leaving my hands caked and clumped with the mixture. Using the plastic wrap is so much faster and clean too. Absolutely no mess and the balls are ready 3x as fast!
★Make sure to cut of the hard tip of the fig otherwise you risk the possibility of breaking/chipping your tooth on a piece of it.
★You can switch out the coconut oil with all natural peanut or nut butter if you'd like.
★I also like to use organic ingredients in my recipe where ever possible!